Python functional service dependency version solving failed

:leaves: LEAF version:
3.13.0

Issue/Question:
Hello, I am working in a Leaf 3.13.0 dev container. I generated a 3.13.0 python functional service. I am having issues resolving some dependencies.

docker@docker-desktop:~/dev/adaptive-software/black-box-service$ skaffold run
Generating tags...
 - black-box-service -> black-box-service:latest
Some taggers failed. Rerun with -vdebug for errors.
Checking cache...
 - black-box-service: Not found. Building
Starting build...
Found [kind-kind] context, using local docker daemon.
Building [black-box-service]...
Target platforms: [linux/amd64]
The currently activated Python version 3.8.10 is not supported by the project (^3.9).
Trying to find and use a compatible version. 
Using python3.9 (3.9.5)
Updating dependencies
Resolving dependencies...

Because leidos-leaf[kafka] (3.14.0) depends on PyYAML (>=6.0,<7.0) which doesn't match any versions, leidos-leaf is forbidden.
So, because black-box-service depends on leidos-leaf[kafka] (3.14.0), version solving failed.
build [black-box-service] failed: building custom artifact: exit status 1

I have PyYaml 6.0.1 installed for Python3.9

docker@docker-desktop:~/dev/adaptive-software/black-box-service$ python3.9 -m pip list
Package    Version
---------- -------
pip        20.0.2 
PyYAML     6.0.1  
setuptools 45.2.0 
wheel      0.34.2 

However, I still receive the original error when trying to build the project. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jacob and I worked over Slack to get past the issue.

The steps we took to get his service running are as follows:

  1. We needed to downgrade the version of Poetry that was being used, which we accomplished by running poetry self update 1.4.2

  2. Poetry needed to be told to use a certificate in order to download dependencies: poetry config certificates.leaf.cert /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/Leidos_Cloud_PKI_Root_CA-2.crt

  3. The following export needed to be added to ~/.bashrc/ or ~/.zshrc depending on what shell is being used: export POETRY_CONFIG_DIR=~/.config/pypoetry

  4. The service’s Dockerfile needed to be updated to be able to pull a leidos certificate within the container that is built when running skaffold run. Open the services’ Dockerfile, which will have the following 3 lines:

# Only copy the pyproject.toml and poetry.lock in order to efficiently make use of Docker layers by installing dependencies first
COPY pyproject.toml poetry.lock ./
RUN poetry config virtualenvs.in-project true

Underneath of the RUN line, paste the following lines:

# Install curl and curl required Leidos certificate
RUN apt update && apt install -y curl
RUN curl -fsSL https://pki.leidos.com/Leidos%20Cloud%20PKI%20Root%20CA-2.cer | openssl x509 -inform DER -out /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/Leidos_Cloud_PKI_Root_CA-2.crt

After completing these steps, Jacob was able to successfully deploy his service using skaffold run.