Afternoon LEAF Team,
I generated a 3.7.0 data service
generator-version=3.7.0
leaf-framework-version=3.7.3
leaf-platform-version=3.7.1
and noticed there was no longer an entry in my values.yaml for:
rest:
targetUri: http://mycustom-ds.namespace/rest
Where would I put/find this info in 3.7.0?
Thanks guys.
sg
Hello, Steve.
The Leaf Service Helm Chart
In 3.7, we deprecated some configuration in the leaf-service Helm chart. You can learn more about that in the 3.7 LKB Release Notes section, and specifically the deprecation of rest.targetUri is called out in the 3.7 LKB Release Notes > Artifacts > Helm > Leaf Service.
The old configuration still exists in the chart, but the replacement is remoteServiceUri.
The Generators
The now-deprecated rest.targetUri was typically used to pass a URI to REST Clients that targeted another generated service if I recall correctly. The new configuration, remoteServiceUri, serves the same purpose. However, as far as I can tell, generated Data Services do not currently and did not previously create REST clients to other generated services as generated. Functional, Historical, and Ledger services typically used/use this configuration to establish REST clients targeting a generated Data Service.
It’s certainly possible that domains have modified generated Data Services to use the rest.targetUri for some purpose, and if that is the case then you’ll have to wire up the new environment variable associated with remoteServiceUri to apply in the same way.
From the command: helm show values leidos-leaf/leaf-service --version 8.1.0
### LEAF Parameters
| Name | Environment Variable | Description | Value |
| ------------------ | -------------------- | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | ----------------- |
| `remoteServiceUri` | `REMOTE_SERVICE_URI` | The URI this service should use for REST communication with a separate service. | Check values.yaml |
I hope this clarifies why the configuration isn’t in the 3.7.0 data service and gives you a path forward. If not, let me know.
1 Like
I forgot about the Release notes, sorry I should have jumped to that first. Thank you for squaring me away.
sg