LTS Ubuntu OS for Leaf-Dev-Env image

The following image is using a unsupported version of Ubuntu (20.10). Cant this be updated so we can run apt-get?

docker@40e76ac54d50:~/leaf$ cat /etc/os-release
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="20.10 (Groovy Gorilla)"

Where is the dockerfile for leaf-dev-env?

Alan - The folks who can best answer this for you are currently out of office for the holidays. As soon as they’re back online, they’ll get your question addressed, so please hang tight & you’ll get an answer. Thanks so much!

Hi Alan! :wave:
You are correct that the version used by the dev-env container isn’t an LTS but rather an interim release. We’ll change to 20.04 and verify that everything still works. As for not being able to perform an apt-get, I’m not sure exactly what you’re seeing. I was able to perform an apt-get install / update just fine (with sudo). For reference, the Dockerfile also performs apt-get installs for various tools:

https://source.leidos-leaf.com/projects/LP/repos/leafctl/browse/docker/Dockerfile.ubuntu#19-35

If you can’t see that, you can actually find the Dockerfile (and the entirety of the leafctl source) inside of the container itself.

cat /opt/leafctl/docker/Dockerfile.ubuntu

I think I see what you’re describing now. It appears that building the image from scratch using the current Dockerfile is now throwing errors for certain installs (the apt-get install I tested earlier in this thread happened to work). I’m looking into it and will update this thread as I learn more.

The leaf-dev-env and leaf-training-env images have been updated to use Ubuntu 20.04:
https://docs.leidos-leaf.com/releases/leafctl/#351-january-11-2022