Leidos Helm Repo Service-Registry

Hi there, I’m trying to helm install the Leaf “service-registry” chart from the Leidos repo, but when I do, it tells me that it failed to download the chart. I then did a repo search on leidos, and come to find out there is no “service-registry” chart in there. I also did a “helm repo update”. Does anyone know why that might be?

There definitely is a service registry chart:

helm search repo leidos/service-registry

results in:

NAME                   	CHART VERSION	APP VERSION	DESCRIPTION
leidos/service-registry	2.2.0        	3.3.0-dev.x	A Helm chart for the deployment of a LEAF Servi...

If you run this:

helm repo list

what do you see for leidos? You should see this URL:

leidos              	https://repo.leidos-leaf.com/repository/helm-leidos/

Aha, that was my issue. I was still using the cde leidos repo. After removing it and using the leidos-leaf URL I was able to install it. Thanks

1 Like

I am having 1 other problem however. I appear to be unable to pull the image from the Leaf docker:

Failed to pull image “docker-group.leidos-leaf .com/service-registry:3.2.1”: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = Error response from daemon: Get https://docker-group.leidos-leaf .com/v2/service-registry/manifests/3.2.1: no basic auth credentials

I did a docker login and got a success, but it’s still failing

docker login docker-group.leidos-leaf .com
Username: Benjamin.Griffith@leidos .com
Password:
Login Succeeded

The pod is pulling the image so it won’t see your authentication. You would need to create a Kubernetes secret in the namespace that you are deploying the service registry too.

kubectl create secret docker-registry service-registry-regcred \
    --docker-server=docker-group.leidos-leaf.com \
    --docker-username=NEXUS_USERNAME \
    --docker-password=NEXUS_PASSWORD