404 NR route_not_found for /wpad.dat

I have deployed a couple of data-services that seem to be working fine. However, in istios ingressgateway logs I see a lot of these.

[2021-08-05T20:41:33.505Z] "GET /wpad.dat HTTP/1.1" 404 NR route_not_found - "-" 0 0 0 - "192.168.65.3" "WinHttp-Autoproxy-Service/5.1" "1d7957f8-5b71-9eb9-8772-7e8e906ef09c" "wpad.corp.leidos.com" "-" - - 10.1.2.58:8080 192.168.65.3:58476 - -
[2021-08-05T20:41:33.516Z] "GET /wpad.dat HTTP/1.1" 404 NR route_not_found - "-" 0 0 0 - "192.168.65.3" "WinHttp-Autoproxy-Service/5.1" "45bed8be-0326-986f-b87b-dbd2f50eda0b" "wpad.corp.leidos.com" "-" - - 10.1.2.58:8080 192.168.65.3:58476 - -
[2021-08-05T20:51:33.643Z] "GET /wpad.dat HTTP/1.1" 404 NR route_not_found - "-" 0 0 0 - "192.168.65.3" "WinHttp-Autoproxy-Service/5.1" "e0611cc5-126e-9d2f-8e95-7556f5b1e581" "wpad.corp.leidos.com" "-" - - 10.1.2.58:8080 192.168.65.3:43948 - -
[2021-08-05T20:51:33.644Z] "GET /wpad.dat HTTP/1.1" 404 NR route_not_found - "-" 0 0 0 - "192.168.65.3" "WinHttp-Autoproxy-Service/5.1" "f896e149-57e7-96a4-823a-f553b814bdda" "wpad.corp.leidos.com" "-" - - 10.1.2.58:8080 192.168.65.3:43946 - -

I don’t really know what to make of them but have some concern I have a misconfiguration someplace.

Should I be concerned?

sg

Hello! :wave:
So I’ve tried to recreate similar logs by modifying my virtual service in a few different ways (that would make it invalid) and can’t seem to recreate the issues you’re seeing. Can I ask what version of Istio you are using so that I can more accurately try to recreate the issue? It would also be helpful if you tailed the logs of the ingressgateway and performed any suspect actions to get an idea of when it is happening.